Wills, Trusts, & Probate Attorney in Gardnerville
Handling Your Estate Planning Needs Since 1981
Having adequate estate plan is essential for helping your loved ones carry out your final wishes after you are gone. Estate planning does that and more, providing benefits that you may not realize without consulting with an experienced attorney.
Need an estate plan or help with probate? Call us at (775) 273-6111 to set up a free, initial consultation regarding your legal needs.
Estate & Probate Services We Provide
The Law Office of Ronald F. Cauley, Inc. provides seasoned estate planning and asset protection through the following:
- Advanced health directives
- Powers of attorney
You may need a simple and straightforward plan using some or all of the above planning methods, or your needs may be more complex requiring multiple trusts and other forms of asset protection.
Through an estate plan tailored to your unique circumstances and objectives, you can accomplish many objectives, such as:
- Provide clear instructions as to what parts of your estate you wish to pass on to specific individuals or charities and when you wish them to receive it
- Provide instructions for your medical care should you become unable to express your wishes in regards to life support and other interventions
- Designate a guardian for minor children and someone to oversee their inheritance
- Designate a trusted person to handle life matters or financial affairs should you become incapacitated, unable to express your wishes, or leave the country
- Place your assets into a revocable trust, which can later be transferred to your beneficiaries without going through probate
- Creating trusts for disabled family members, pets, charities, and more
- Minimizing estate taxes, court costs, and legal fees
What Is Probate?
Probate is the legal process through which a deceased person’s estate is administrated. The process resolves claims made against the estate and locates and distributes the estate assets to heirs and beneficiaries. It can be a confusing, complicated, and time-consuming process. Our Gardnerville wills, trusts, and probate lawyer can help guide you through the probate administration process as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Whether you need help administering probate, contesting a will, or have some other probate issue, our firm can provide you with personalized guidance and counsel.